Below are some resources for researching your family history. New sources will be added from time to time so check back often!
USEFUL INFORMATION AND FORMS:
- FREE FAMILY TREE TEMPLATES Hundreds of free blank forms to print or download with customizable forms available to purchase.
- BLANK ANCESTOR CHART AND FAMILY GROUP SHEET (Word document)
- RESEARCH AIDS, TRANSLATIONS AND RESOURCE IMNFORMATION (Word document)
- GREEN CARD VOICES Green Card Voices' mission is to share various stories of our nation's 40 million immigrants and put a human face to the current immigration debate, they focus on capturing individual stories.
- HENNEPIN COUNTY LIBRARY - GENEALOGY & LOCAL HISTORY If you have a Hennepin County Library card you can access HeritageQuest and other services online from the comfort of your home. Click on the link then scroll down and click on HeritageQuest, have your card handy as you will need to enter the card number for access. (must be an up to date card) If you do not have a card you can still access the site at one of the many Hennepin County Libraries. Available are Census Images, City Directories and History books for cities, and other documents.
- NATIONAL ARCHIVES DATABASES Search through a variety of subjects (immigration, wars, passenger lists and military imnformation).
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS - AMERICAN MEMORY PROJECT There are a variety of topics to choose from, you can listen to recordings of individuals from all over the county, look at old maps and photographs, and many other items,
- MINNESOTA HISTORICAL SOCIETY search for birth and death certificates, census images, maps and more.
- MNGENWEB and all of its county and special project websites are part of the USGENWEB project. These are useful tools and are maintained by volunteers. Much of the material compiled on these sites is donated or transcribed by volunteers, so there may be errors.
- ROOTSWEB Full of resources to help you research your family history.
- SLOVENIAGENWEB is part of the EASTEUROPEGENWEB, which is a project of the WORLDGENWEB.